iLembe Biodiesel Project
This Project will be located at the Isithebe Industrial Estate in Mandeni.
The Bio Diesel Processing Facility and Moringa Tree Planting Project involves the planning, construction and operation of a sustainable, community based rural bio diesel production facility.
The scope of supply of the project entails the following activities, namely,
- To Construct and commission a self contained bio diesel production facility producing a minimum 25 000 L per month of high quality bio diesel from suitable feedstock.
The facility will be self-contained and capable of producing its own power and water.
This facility will be built to allow for the expansion of the plant to go up to 3million L per annum.
Once the Moringa Project is operational, a few modules will be added to this facility reaching facility reaching the 3 million liters annual output;
- To Provide a suitable supply of feedstock oil to the bio diesel production facility;
- To Provide a suitable off-take source for bio diesel produced from the facility;
- To Provide technical expertise to commission, train and assist local community in the operation of the bio diesel facility.
The Bio diesel facility project (together with the Moringa Project) aims to:
- Create a mechanism for sustainable economic development and wealth generation for rural communities.
- Create a platform for the integration of small scale producers into the existing petrochemical, agriculture and transportation industries.
- Encourage real broad based black economic participation in both the emerging bio fuels industry as well as in the established petrochemicals industry.
- Act as a mechanism to initiate regional common infrastructure development ege.g. roads and off grid electrical supply.
- Provide an avenue for base level farming as well as high-level engineering and management training and skills transfer to participating local community members.
- Provide a vehicle for improving the food security and crop diversity of participating communities through the access to cheap fertilizer and animal feed by products generated by the bio diesel production unit.
- Provide the stimulus to the development of secondary industries e.g. soap making, anti-freeze manufacturing, off-grid electrification schemes via the utilization of the bio diesel production unit by products.
- Provide a mechanism to prove the viability of medium scale community based bio diesel projects so as to facilitate private sector investments in future CPPP bio diesel projects.